Friday, April 17, 2020

Hi All,

This week I was inspired to create ABSTRACT ART!

Abstract art does not represent images of our everyday world. It has color, line, and shape. It is about creating what you feel about what you see, think or imagine. It is not copying or creating an object that we all recognize. 

It is very freeing to just start letting your art tool (pencil, paintbrush, crayon, marker, etc.) guide your hand. Just let the art flow out of you! Use whatever materials you have on hand. 

I am not finished but here is my work in progress:


What do you think about them? How do they make you feel? 

Remember our Kandinsky dots? He was an abstract painter. You were too! Give it a try and share your creations here or e-mail me: tlibby@rivendellschool.org.


REMEMBER to HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 WELCOME BACK ARTISTS!  Well, almost welcome back! I hope you enjoy your last full week of summer vacation and take this week to gear up fo...